Locator Map of Connecticut 4.0
If you see the security warning instead of the map the only thing you need to do is to allow running the active content on your computer by clicking on "Yes".
Table of Contents
FeaturesThe innovation of this great-looking map will revolutionize your website navigation and provide visitors with a simple and seamless method of accessing information. Using the map as a navigation tool, information can be accessed with greater speed and enhanced interaction! The map can either be used "as is" or fully and easily customized to suit specific requirements. In just a few minutes, the whole look of the map can be altered - whether it is color, links, sizes and popups.
Who will use map locator?
Examples of customers
How to install map on a websiteAdding the customized map to your website by means of using our tool is simple.
The only thing you need to do is to upload several files on your server and insert our HTML code in any desirable place of your web page.
Most of the content management systems and blog engines allow inserting HTML code and are compatible with our tool.
1. Unziping the filesUnzip the file xxxxx.zip be means of WinZip, 7-Zip, or the built-in Microsoft Windows extraction software.
2. Testing the map
3. Customizing the XML fileAll adjustments and customizations should be made in the XML file. We advise you to use free Notepad++. Certainly, you can use any other HTML and plaintext editors as well.
The configurations and customizations can be made on your local computer. After customization you have to upload the edited files on your web server.
For customizing colors, you should use 6-digits color code. For your convenience, you may use Color picker provided with this map.
For each State you can change the name, color, rollover color, link URL, the description, the image, and the target frame.
Settings for each State
Sample XML code for one state
4. Uploading the files to your serverUpload the files to the same folder where your web page is. You can also create a folder in your server and name it as you like and upload those files into this newly made folder.
It is needed to upload the following files:
5. Embedding the Flash object into your websiteCopy and paste the following HTML code into your web page in any place you want.
The following HTML code needs to be used if the files are located in the same catalog with your web page where you plan to show the map.
If the files are located in any other catalog, please specify the path to locator_map.swf and swfobject.js in our HTML code to the folder in which you uploaded the map files.
6. Changing dimension of the mapYou can customize any size of the map in the HTML code by means of changing the width and height in the red parts of the code.
A. This problem is apparently caused by your local Flash security settings. The problem will disappear if you upload the map on your server. You can easily fix this problem by changing your local security setting.
Please read the next paragraph for instructions how to configure the Adobe Flash Player Security Settings.
Configuring Adobe Flash Player Security Settings
Some little changes in Adobe Flash Player and above settings may be required for your Flash map to be function properly on your local PC.
Please follow the instructions if your map does not function properly:
1. Open the Adobe Flash Player Setting Panel
2. Click on "Edit locations..." dropdown box under the Adobe Flash Player's setting panel.
3. Click on "Add location".
4. Select the folder (or the disc C or D) that contains of the map.
5. Refresh the web page with your map.
Your map should work properly in your PC if you followed those steps correctly.
Fla-shop.com Licensing Information
|Thank you for using our product. Please feel free to contact us with any questions regarding our product.
More maps and Information on website Fla-shop.com